Sunday, March 2, 2014

Myrtle beach public beach parking daily car break-ins

This past fall my wife's car was broken into at the public parking lot at North 62nd street.     Today my daughter's car was broken into at same lot.    While shes was making the report with the police,   They received a call for another break-in at North 67th street.    The police made references in both my wife and daughter case that "this happens everyday.

I decided to track these on the myrtle beach police site.    It does happen daily.    The address for the parking lots are all addressed either 210 or 211 North  (fill in the blank street i.e. North 62nd street).  This is how I tell it was a public parking lot.  I have been able to identify gas stations and ATM machines they hit when they get a credit or debit card.    They go straight for gas.    The one the went to with my card has no cameras.     If they are able to get gas,  they go straight to an ATM.    If they have drivers license, they try different combos of Address, birthdate, etc.   I'm sure they guess correct sometimes.

My question is if this is so predictable, why are they not being stopped.    I have decided I am going to do something about.     If the news of this starts to affect tourism,  maybe they will work harder to protect their public parking lots.  

Not  sure how to proceed.    First step will be chamber of commerce.  









No comments:

Post a Comment