Thursday, April 16, 2009

Samuel Adams Longshot Contest

I will be entering the Samuel Adams Longshot Contest this year for the first time. My four entries were sent today. They consist of a Belgium Blonde Ale, Berlin Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout and one secret brew I will disclose later. I will tell you it's in the Fruit Category.



I have been brewing for just about one year. I use the extract with specialty grains method and will start with partial mash soon. When you read about the level of experience, and the complexity of some of the brews homebrewers are making, I think there will be little chance of being judged into the final four with an extract brew, but one never knows. Plus, it's free to enter.

Entries must be mailed or dropped off from April 15 - May 1, 2009. My entries arrived on April 22 according to my tracking. So far no response or confirmation for Longshot staff. Hope everything was OK. Tracking report did not have any messages like " box was delivered wet". That has to be a good sign.



I entered my first three brews in a local contest last August and won ribbons for each. That was fun. Now it's a passion.



This is my first blog. I hope to continue blogging about my homebrew passion. Visit me at my other passion http://www.everythinglicensed.com/. I have an ecommerce store full of licensed merchandise at great prices.



Till next time

Bubba's Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment